A Preschool for All screening is available for children within the district ages 3-5 years old. The program, provided through a grant from the Illinois State Board of Education, will serve children who demonstrate some potential delays in an area of development and have certain risk factors that may impact academic success. To schedule a PFA screening please call the screening hotline at 815 577-4114. You will receive a confirmation call back, but will be placed on a waiting list for a screening time.
Requirements for screening include:
- Child must be 3 years old by September 1st, 2015.
- When you arrive for your screening you will need to have the following for proof of residency:
- Your most recent real-estate tax bill or mortgage statement,
- two current utility bills – must be within the last 30 days. Other items that may be used would include your recent bank statement, a letter from a government agency, cable bill, lease and settlement statement from the purchase of your home.
- your driver’s license or state id,
- your child’s original birth certificate
- Proof of family income – this is a new requirement from the State of Illinois. You can prove income by using any ONE of the following forms of evidence:
- Pay stubs (two most recent, consecutive)
- Wages and tax statement (most recent W-2)
- Verification/letter from employer
- Tax return (most recent)
- Proof of WEC Benenfit
- Proof of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit
- Proof of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) enrollment
- Proof of Supplemental Security Income 9SSI) benefit
- Proof the family receives Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Proof that parent is enrolled in Medicaid (a medical card with the child’s name does not prove income eligibility)
- Signed written statement from the family