Plainfield East High School senior Lauren Thibault took third place in Headline Writing, and PEHS senior Jennifer Burke finished sixth in Yearbook Theme Development at the Illinois High School Association state journalism competition.
In all, 15 student journalists from Plainfield East and South high schools and Plainfield High School – Central Campus participated at the state event, held April 27, 2018 at Eastern Illinois University.
District 202’s state participants included:
- Brittney Ebner (senior) -- Yearbook Theme Development.
- Kailey Blunk (senior) -- Yearbook Copy Writing and Yearbook Theme Development
- Dylan Udziela (senior) -- Review Writing
- Elizabeth Hsieh (junior) -- Infographics
- Hannah Darbro (junior) -- Broadcast News
- Iris Wright (junior) -- Feature Writing
- Shannon Tierney (senior) -- Photo Storytelling
- Taylor Garcia (senior) -- Yearbook Layout
- Mireya Ruiz (junior) -- Photography
- Juvenal Angulo (freshman) -- Advertising Design
- Isabella Paredes (senior) -- Page Design
- Lauren Thibault (senior) -- Headline Writing
- Sam Alvidrez (senior) – Infographics
- Jenni Burke (senior) -- Yearbook Theme Development
- Shania Zavadsky (junior) – Copy Editing